Are you a makeup fanatic? Addicted to trying new beauty products? How would you like to get paid for reviewing makeup and beauty products?
Well, Babe, you’re in luck because Dotdash is hiring for Beauty review writers! If you arent familiar with Dotdash, they are a digital media company the publishes articles about various subjects.
This is a great opportunity for anyone with strong writing skills, great at voicing their opinions and of course beauty lovers!
Let’s see what Dotdash is looking for in their beauty reviewer role:
Beauty Review Writer
“As a Beauty Review Writer, you will be analyzing products — from derma rollers to mascaras — to help Byrdie readers weigh the pros and cons, get in-depth knowledge about the product or its category, and gain a clear understanding of your hands-on experience.
You will use your writing skills and photography abilities to create a compelling and personal review.”
- Writing insightful and engaging 1000- to 1500-word review articles to help consumers make thoughtful buying decisions
- Setting up and testing multiple products at a time
- Taking high-quality, well-lit photos of the products in use
- Taking selfies of you using the product
- Turning in copy and photos on time
- Experience writing about beauty, with preference going to writers who have specifically written about products
- Adept at writing conversational and clean copy
- Experience writing for the Web
- Strong research skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meeting staggered deadlines
- Experience taking sharp, clear photos (with access to a DSLR being a must)
- Willingness to follow detailed guidelines, accept edits, and reshoot image
Pay + Benefits
Pay isnt mentioned on the website for Dotdash beauty review writers. It’s estimated the pay is pretty competitive, about $20-25 per article.
This is a freelance position. No benefits seem to be offered for this gig.
More To Know
Dotdash says they’re ” looking for reviewers who are able to take on 3-4 products at a time, with word counts ranging from 1,000-1,500 words per review.” So make sure you can handle doing this many articles at once, before you apply.
This opportunity is open to anyone located in the United States.
Go For It!
This is an awesome opportunity for anyone trying to break into the beauty writing niche. It’s totally worth a try, you might just get the gig!
Know someone who is perfect for this gig? Share this post and put a babe on!